Upcoming Deep Dives
Check back soon for more information about a cool new Deep Dive offering to take place in the C-SED Prototyping Lab Fall 2018.
Maximizing Conversations with Experts
Socially engaged design teams need to talk with many people from users to technical experts to project sponsors and more. Design teams don’t always have time to tell the full story. Practice strategies to pare down your story and identify key questions to maximize your brief time with experts. Then, apply those strategies right away in a round of speed consulting with C-SED staff. After this Deep Dive, your team will have the tools to prep for efficient and productive meetings with C-SED consultants, check-ins with project sponsors, and presentations at Design Expo.
Past Deep Dives
- What is Socially Engaged Design? Info Session Style (On Request)
- Fall Farm Hack, Immersion Style (October 2016)
- Education & Community Engagement, Consultation Style (January 2017)
- Concept Generation, Project Swap Style (March 2017)
- Using Design Ethnography to Define User Requirements and Engineering Specifications, Learn & Apply Style (September 2017)
- Concept Generation & Selection, Project Swap Style (October 2017)
- Communicating your Socially Engaged Design Project to Stakeholders, Peer Interview Style (December 2017)
- Prototyping Early & Often, Lab Style (February 2018)
- Concept Generation, Learn & Apply Style (March 2018)
- Navigating Roadblocks, Panel Style (April 2018)
- Sustainable Design Primer, Discussion Style (April 2018)
Request a Custom Deep Dive
See a topic you like? Email us to request a custom Deep Dive for your project team or class.
If there’s a topic we haven’t covered yet that you’d like to see, let us know.