C-SED Administrative Assistant Senior
The Center for Socially Engaged Design (C-SED) Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive professional and administrative support to the C-SED community. You will report to the Strategic Director but will work with C-SED staff, students, faculty, College of Engineering departments and vendors to provide an exceptional experience for those who engage with C-SED. As C-SED grows its team and programs, you will play a critical role in supporting the efforts that expand C-SED’s impact.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to the University of Michigan Careers website (Job ID 200325) specifying your interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document. We look forward to receiving your application.
- Initiate and schedule complex meetings
- Support event planning and manage event logistics
- Design and maintain processes to organize C-SED information, such as managing mail lists
- Manage supply inventory and orders office supplies. Maintain office/computer equipment (printers, copiers, etc.).
- Prepare Google Slide shows and other meeting materials
- Assist in the preparation of annual, periodic and ad hoc reports
- Support processes related to hiring and applying to C-SED programs: applicant management, interviews, and working with College of Engineering’s Human Resources
- Coordinate onboarding activities of new team members which includes welcoming, human resource coordination, and training on organizational processes
- Prepare, review, and reconcile travel and expense reports.
- Coordinate with college-level staff to ensure payment to students and manage financial transactions
- Support Strategic Director in monitoring monthly expenditure and budget allocation
- Review financial documents provided by the College of Engineering
- Welcome guests to C-SED and provide reception support
- Oversee the maintenance and physical appearance of the office and prototyping lab to ensure a welcoming and professional environment
- Manage requests for space usage
- Prepare and ‘take-down’ C-SED spaces for events and class work
- 2+ years of experience performing administrative assistant functions
- Experience coordinating event logistics with the foresight to anticipate problems and take the appropriate initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse community.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and creating a great student experience
- Ability to work in a changing environment. Understand the Administrative Assistant role in an organization that is undergoing structural change and evolve the role as the organization shifts
- Desire to understand C-SED’s mission, vision, programs and key stakeholders to better support C-SED’s activities
40 hours per week Monday-Friday with occasional evening or weekend hours.
Compensation & Benefits
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
C-SED offers its team members yearly professional development funds to ensure learning and growth for each employee.
Our Hiring Process
We begin reviewing applications once the posting end date has passed. If selected, our application process involves several stages: brief phone interview, in-person interview, skills-based activity and reference checks. We expect to contact applicants regarding an invitation for a phone screening by September 7, 2021.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.