Humanity in Action Fellowship in Detroit
- When: July 10 – August 5, 2018
- Where: Detroit, Michigan, USA
- What: A fully-funded four-week Humanity in Action Fellowship about Detroit and economic, urban and cultural change in the United States.
- Who: Young professionals and college students from the United States and Europe. Applicants from Detroit and elsewhere in Michigan are strongly encouraged to apply. Click here for more information on eligibility.
- Application deadline: January 8, 2018
The Detroit Fellowship is a fully-funded, four-week immersive program for emerging leaders who are passionate about equitable development, diversity and civic engagement. We seek university students and young professionals who are committed to generating innovative solutions for longstanding challenges in Detroit and other urban communities.
The Humanity in Action Fellowship in Detroit explores the biography of Detroit — a city deeply emblematic of the tensions of massive economic and cultural change in 20th and 21st century America. The program places Detroit’s history and contemporary issues within the larger national context of the transformation of urban and regional economies at a time of profound inequality in the United States.