- Authors: JS Guest, SJ Skerlos, JL Barnard, MB Beck, GT Daigger, H Hilger
- Citation: Environmental Science & Technology 43 (16), 6126-6130
Sustainable design of technology systems is a fantastically challenging balance of social, economic, and environmental factors ranging from climate change through to topics such as worker safety, societal well-being, resource protection, and economic development.
At C-SED, we support research and teach design strategies to help students and professionals navigate the myriad of sustainability challenges. We emphasize economic analysis methods such as cost-benefit and market simulation, environmental analysis methods such as life cycle assessment and carbon/water footprinting, and social analysis methods such as deep literature review and social hotspot analysis.
Life cycle comparison of environmental emissions from three disposal options for unused pharmaceuticals
- Authors: SM Cook, BJ VanDuinen, NG Love, SJ Skerlos
- Citation: Environmental science & technology 46 (10), 5535-5541
- Authors: HJ Kim, C McMillan, GA Keoleian, SJ Skerlos
- Citation: Journal of Industrial Ecology 14 (6), 929-946 KS Whitefoot, SJ Skerlos - Energy Policy, 2012