Current Socially Engaged Design Teams
- Team Aquaducks: Innovation in Action Finalist ’21
- The Huron River is the center of sprawling urban areas and feeds into Lake Erie; with increased human impact on the river, both human and aquatic biota are negatively affected. Our solution targets the outflow of the Ann Arbor wastewater treatment plant, as it struggles to handle increased water from large storms. We aim to reduce chlorine, phosphorous, and bacteria concentrations while educating the public on their role in keeping waterways clean.
- Aquaducks One Year later, Innovation in Action Final Showcase Presentation
- Team Designing Access: Innovation in Action Finalist ’21,“Envisioning an Anti-Racist World” Award Winner
- We recognize that truly inclusive spaces lead to better outcomes – no matter what you’re measuring. To help achieve those outcomes, we created Designing Access: an online toolkit that helps people in the public, private, and non-profit sectors intentionally create inclusive and accessible events.
- Designing Access One Year Later, Innovation in Action Final Showcase Presentation
BLUELab project teams are multidisciplinary and emphasize collaboration with local and international stakeholders to ensure that identified needs (typically in the areas of agriculture, education, energy, resource management, medical devices, and water) are appropriately addressed. We believe that design is about people, and that the best designs are sustainable, taking into account all social, economic, and environmental impacts.
- BlueLab EASE (on BL page, website)
- Sa’ Nima’ Collaborative (on BL page, website)
- BlueLab Metro (on BL page, website)
- BlueLab Thailand (on BL page)
- Woven Wind (on BL page)
M-HEAL‘s mission is to use education, needs assessment, design innovation, and social entrepreneurship to improve access to health care in underdeveloped communities. We envision a world where every person has access to appropriate, affordable, and high-quality health care.
- Team Flow
- Project MESA
- CSF Global
- The Initiative
- Solar Fridge
- Project Mia
- Neonatal Asphynxia Project (NAP)
- Project Alivio
Other SED Teams:
- MESI (instagram)