PRACTICE DESIGN. ENGAGE STAKEHOLDERS. CREATE SOLUTIONS WITH IMPACT.
Our team is excited to announce the new Socially Engaged Engineering & Design (SEED) Capstone course for the 2024 Winter semester. This 3-credit, elective course will provide students the opportunity to explore complex challenges, engage with real stakeholders, and design people-first solutions.
Skills of Socially Engaged Engineering and Design (SEED):
- Engage with stakeholders to explore and understand a given challenge
- Perform primary and secondary research on contextual factors related to your challenge
- Learn and practice interviewing skills, defining key takeaways, ideating and prototyping
- Present a solution idea and summary of your process at the end of the winter semester in a design expo event.
- There may be an opportunity to continue your work in a funded Summer Fellowship program!
How does it work?
The SEED class will be hosted in a hybrid format, is group project based and requires significant independent teamwork outside of course hours. You will work on a team in this course. Project topics will be provided; there will also be an opportunity to propose your own team-based project as part of this course.
Are you interested in joining the SEED Capstone course? To get course registration notifications and more information, please complete this brief interest form.
Have questions? Please get in touch at email@example.com